PO Box 311277
Denton, TX 76203-1277
Contact for Transfer Students:
No; however, Core Curriculum transfer guides are available.
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students:
- $40 application fee
- Transcripts from all previous colleges attended.
- Transfer students with fewer than 30 transferable hours must meet the requirements listed for high school graduates, have a minimum 2.5 grade point average (GPA) and be eligible to return to any institution previously attended; high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores required.
- Transfer students with 30 and no more than 44 transferable semester hours must have 2.25 GPA and be eligible to return to all institutions previously attended.
- Transfer students with more than 44 transferable semester hours must have a 2.00 GPA
- Application deadlines
Transfer Credit Information:
- Lowest grade accepted: “D” (Incomplete grades of “I” are non-punitive.) A grade of “D” is accepted to the university on any college-level transferrable course. However, many degree programs at UNT do not accept a grade of “D” in the student’s degree plan. Please refer to the degree program major for grade requirements.
- Minimum GPA: See above. The university has a minimum GPA requirement for admission to UNT. In addition, many degree programs have a minimum GPA requirement to that specific major that are higher than the university minimum GPA requirement. Please refer to the degree program major for requirements to be admitted to the major. NOTE: A student can be admitted to UNT and not be accepted in the program major they are interested in studying.
- Maximum number of hours accepted: The University of North Texas does not have limited number of hours that it will accept from a community college and will apply towards the degree. Basically, any lower-level courses that are offered at the community college and are considered college-level transferrable courses will transfer and can apply towards the student’s degree. NOTE: Most degree programs require a minimum of 42 upper-level hours, which cannot be taken at a community college.
- Alternative credit: Will accept military credit, DD-214, CLEP and credit by exam.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
*Cost to Attend University of North Texas Dallas Campus:
SOURCE: Cost of Higher Education in Texas 2008 - 2009
- University of North Texas
Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
P.O. Box 311370
Denton, Texas 76203-1370
- TTY (940)369-8652
- Fax (940)565-2738
- Toll Free (877)881-1014
- UNT Metro (817)267-3731
- UNT Title IV Code is 003594
- Customer Service Representatives (940) 565-2302
- UNT Texas Transfer Scholarship
- UNT Texas Transfer Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- SFAS Academic Scholarships
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of North Texas is accredited to award bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees by the following: The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.