Box 19111, Arlington, TX 76019
Contact for Transfer Students:
Yes, Criminal Justice/Criminology
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students:
For admission as a sophomore, junior, or senior transfer, a student must have at least 24 transferable credit hours. Transfers with a 2.25 overall GPA are, generally, admissible to the university. Students with at least a 2.00 but less than a 2.25 overall GPA are encouraged to apply and may be considered for admission on a space available basis.
- $35.00 for applicants with domestic credentials only.
- $50.00 for students applying after the application deadline (see below).
- $50.00 for applicants with foreign academic credentials or applicants who currently hold a non-immigrant visa status in the U.S.
- Additional information for transfer students
Transfer Credit Information:
No limit is placed on the total amount of course credit accepted in transfer from either junior or senior institutions. However, use of transfer credit toward a degree may be limited by the student's academic department.
Credit in which a grade of D was earned is not transferable and will not count toward a degree.
Grades earned in every course attempted are part of the gpa calculation with the exception of 10 hours of repeated courses. In the case of repeated courses, the second course attempt is counted and the first forgiven even if the second attempt is a withdrawal. Subsequent attempts after the second time a course is taken are counted toward the grade point average calculated for transfer admission.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(15 hours per semester Fall and Spring):
|Tuition and Fees||$7,780|
|Room and Board||$2340-4910, depending on residence hall|
|Books and supplies||$880|
*UTA Flat Rate Tuition: The flat rate tuition for TX resident undergraduates reaches a maximum at 12 credit hours per semester. This allows a student to take more than 12 credit hours per semester for the same cost of only 12 credit hours.
From a distance, you can work toward a UT Arlington degree in:
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Public Administration (M.P.A.)
More than 55% of UTA students receive some type of financial assistance. Visit the website for more information.
Scholarships for Transfer Students
Eligible undergraduate students must be admitted by February 16, 2009, in order to receive automatic consideration for general academic scholarships administered through the UT Arlington Scholarship Office. Notifications to scholarship recipients will be sent on March 3, 2009.
Special Programs Unique to Your School:
- Nationally ranked engineering programs
- 98% first-attempt pass rate for state licensure exam in Nursing
- Only architecture program in North Texas
- Nationally ranked Accounting program
- Specialized art programs such as glass blowing, neon glass, jewelry and print-making.
The University of Texas at Arlington is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.