The University of Texas at Austin is accredited by the Commission on Colleges (COC) of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the regional accrediting organization for eleven states in the southeastern United States, including Texas.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.
- $75 application fee
- Transcripts from all previous colleges attended.
- Transfer students must have graduated from high school or earned a GED and must have completed a minimum of 30 hours of transferable credit.
- Transfer students may apply for admission before completing 30 semester hours, if completion of the work in progress will enable the student to meet the 30 hours prior to enrollment at UT Austin.
- Two essays.
- No specific grade point average or other qualification by itself will guarantee admission. Highly competitive admissions process.
- Additional information about the evaluation process can be found on the website.
- Lowest grade accepted: “C”
- Minimum GPA: Not Applicable, see above.
- Maximum number of hours accepted in transfer is dependent upon the specific degree requirements. See Transfer Guides for more information.
- May accept military credit, CLEP and credit by exam.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(15 hours per semester, Fall and Spring):
|Tuition and Fees||$9,986-10,326|
|Room and Board||$8,504-14,791|
|Books and supplies||$1,000-2,000|
Office of Student Financial Services
100 West Dean Keeton Street
Student Services Building
3rd floor, Suite 3.200
Austin, Texas 78712
Financial Aid Priority Deadlines:
- Fall - March 15
- Spring – March 15
- Summer - February 15
- Summer/Fall – March 1
- Spring – October 1