800 W. Campbell Rd., SS11
Richardson, Texas 75080
Contact for Transfer Students:
- General information for Transfer Students
Yes – 2+2 Transfer Guides available.
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students:
Transfer applicants for admission to UTD who have earned fewer than 30 semester hours of credit from accredited colleges or universities will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and must submit:
- An Official High School Transcript.
- Completed/passed THEA/TASP.
- ACT or SAT scores.
- Have a transfer GPA of 3.0 or higher on college level work and be in good standing at the last institution attended.
Transfer Students with 42 or more credit hours:
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Completed/passed TASP requirements.
- Be in good standing at the last institution attended.
- Applications for students with between 30 and 41 college hours and a GPA between 2.0 and 2.49 are reviewed by the Associate Dean of their major department for admissions.
Transfer Credit Information:
- Only courses with grades of “C” or higher will receive transfer credit.
- Maximum number of hours accepted: Varies
- Experienced-based education accepted: No
- CLEP Subject exams accepted: Yes
- Transfer orientation available.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(15 hours per semester Fall and Spring):
|Tuition and Fees||$11,168|
|Room and Board||$8,310|
|Books and supplies||$1,000|
SOURCE: The Higher Education Coordinating Board site for Cost of Higher Education in Texas 2008 - 2009
Office of Financial Aid, ROC 22
800 W. Campbell Rd.
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
Financial Aid Priority Deadlines:
•Fall semester - March 30, 2012
•Spring Semester - October 15, 2012
•Summer Semester - March 29, 2013
Scholarships for Transfer Students
- Comet Transfer Scholarships
- Several departmental scholarships available
Unique Facts about this school:
The “Fast Track Program’ allows students the option to apply at least 12 credit hours towards both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree. This program is available for most majors.
- •Offers a degree in General Studies to students with diverse interests.
- •Honor’s program, Collegium V
- •On-campus apartment housing available.
- •Undergraduate majors at a glance
- •New UT Dallas students are guaranteed no increases in their tuition and mandatory fees for four years, through The Guaranteed Tuition Plan .
The University of Texas at Dallas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4501 for questions about the accreditation of The University of Texas at Dallas.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.