Administrative Support Planning at Austin Community College is undertaken for several reasons.
- To guide the institution toward achieving its mission through efforts directed at goal statements targeting student success which are part of the college mission statement.
- To assist the integration of planning, budgeting, and assessment at all levels of the college.
- To assess progress toward achieving the goals of the institution.
- To inform stakeholders of the progress of the college toward achieving its goals.
A Basis For Planning
The Administrative Support Plan of Austin Community College supports the mission statement and the college-wide goals and initiatives promoting student success. Administrative units will map unit goals and outcomes to support Board Policy A-1 Intended outcomes.
- Increase Persistence (Term to Term & Fall to Fall)
- Complete Developmental and Adult Education course progression to credit courses.
- Increase Completion of All Attempted Courses with a “C” or Better.
- Increase Degree/Certificate Graduates and Transfer Rates.
- Increase success equity across all racial/ethnic/gender/income groups.
Institutional Effectiveness Measures
- Balanced instructional offerings among the College’s mission elements.
- A teaching and learning environment that encourages students to be active, life-long learners.
- Accessible and affordable post-secondary and higher education programs and services for all who qualify and have the ability to benefit.
- Enrollments reflecting diverse and traditionally underserved populations in numbers that represent the local populations of our Service Area.
- Job placement from career workforce programs into family-wage careers.
- Efficiently administered programs and services that create an institution that is a good place to work, learn, and otherwise experience the higher-education process.
Please direct questions concerning Strategic or Administrative Support Planning to Daniel Ohanlon in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Accountability at (512) 223-7585.