- Austin Community College
- Course Schedule
- Department Directory
- Links of Interest
- Math and Sciences Dept.
- Physics, Astronomy, and Engineering Dept.
- Star Party Information
NASA Community College Aerospace Scholars
Interested in a career in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM)? NASA Community College Aerospace Scholars (NCAS) gives community college STEM students an authentic NASA experience with encouragement to finish a 2-year degree or transfer to a 4-year university to pursue a NASA-related field or career.
Visit the NCAS website to learn more: http://ncas.aerospacescholars.org
Who is eligible to participate?
To participate, a student must be:
- US Citizen.
- At least 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
- Registered community college student for both Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters during the application process and project.
- Have at least a cumulative of 9 hours in a STEM discipline.
- Able to commit to working with NASA starting with a 5-week online course, ending with a 4-day residential experience, and attending virtual meetings during the interim.
- Able to access the internet.
Questions about the application process? Attend one of our Online Info Sessions:
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Central
- Monday, April 10, 2017 - 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Central
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Central
- Monday, May 1, 2017 - 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Central
Link to info session: http://go.nasa.gov/2iBs92F
Don't delay! Applications are due May 2, 2017 at 2pm Central.
Email your questions to: JSC-NCAS@mail.nasa.gov.
If you are planning on transferring to a four-year school after leaving ACC, then our transfer guide is what you need! The guide will help you determine how classes will transfer to some of the nearby Texas schools. Please visit the ACC Astronomy Transfer Guide for more information. For additional transfer assistance, visit Transfer Services for Students - Online Resources.
ACC Microgravity Group
See what some previous ACC students have done here:
See the NASA website for more information on the program:
STEM Scholarship Available
The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science) scholarship is for eligible full-time students who are pursuing degrees in:
- Associate of Applied Science in Biotechnology
- Associate of Applied Science in Environmental Science and Technology
- Associate of Science in Environmental Science and Technology
- Geology, Physics, Engineering & Astronomy degree
Up to $15,000 a year is available for tuition and fees, books, and childcare. For information on eligibility, and additional information on the grant, visit:
|For more links to great astronomy info, join us on Facebook!|
|Follow us on Twitter @accastronomy|
Updated: March 9, 2017