ACC Faculty Professional Development
Safety training is required for all faculty and staff.
Full time faculty and full-time lab staff are required to have 12 (clock) hours of professional development training each year.
Adjunct faculty are required to have 4 (clock) hours of professional development training each year.
The hours must be completed between September 1 and August 31 of each year. All hours for the previous academic year must be recorded by September 15.
Informal credit can be given for whatever a faculty member and the department head agree on that aids teaching improvement or aids in keeping a faculty member current in his or her teaching field. For informal credit, the Professional Development Activity Form must be filled out and sent to Jim Heath for his approval.
All employees are required to have ADA and Sexual Harassment training every two years. Register and participate in the training online through ACC Workshop & Event Registration.
ACC Professional Development Information
Professional Development Forms
Ongoing Workshops and Training
Vernier Online Training Webinars
Free, one-hour training online. Visit http://www.vernier.com/training/webinars/?utm_campaign for information on topics and dates/times.
General Interest - Professional Development Opportunities
Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning Events
- Tuesday, February 9th, 2016: 3:00pm - 4:30pm or Thursday, February 18th, 2016: 12:00pm - 1:30pm Computerside Chats - Teaching for Learning 101 Intentionally Designed Activities to Put Students on the Path to Success
- Friday, February 12, 2016: 8:30am - 12pm Faculty Connection Series #1: The Engaging Classroom: How do YOU achieve it?
- Thursday, March 25, 2016: 8:30am - 12:00 pm Faculty Connection Series #2: Helping Your Students Achieve Success
- Friday, April 22, 2016: 8:30am - 12:00 pm Faculty Connection Series #3: Learning about Teaching through Reflection
Contact June Mullin or Paul Williams if you are interested in volunteering for an ACCHaoS event.
ACCHaoS Dates for 2015-2016
- Friday, February 19, 2016
- Old Town Elementary (Round Rock ISD), times TBA
Friday, February 19, 2016
- Star Party at HLC, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Saturday, February 27, 2016
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day
- Friday, April 8, 2016
- Eanes Elementary (Eanes ISD), times TBA
- Friday, April 22, 2016
- Fern Bluff Elementary (Round Rock ISD), times TBA
- Friday, April 8, 2016
- Star Party at RRC, 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Friday, May 27, 2016
- Chandler Oaks Elementary (Round Rock ISD) - times TBA
- Friday, June 10, 2016
- Round Rock Public Library - times TBA
- Friday, June 17, 2016
- Pflugerville Public Library - 10:00am - 2:00pm
Physics - Professional Development Opportunities
Upcoming Meetings of Interest
- 02/25/16-02/27/16 TCCTA Convention, Westin Galleria, Houston. Click here to view the schedule of events.
- 3/31/16-4/2/16 Texas APS/AAPT/Zone 13 SPS Spring Meeting, Lamar, University, Beaumont, TX
- 07/16/16-07/20/16 AAPT Summer Meeting, Sacramento, CA1/9/16-1/12/16 - AAPT Winter Meeting, New Orleans, LA
- 3/31/16-4/2/16 Texas APS/AAPT/Zone 13 SPS Spring Meeting, Lamar University, Beaumont, TX
February 4, 2016