Safety training is required for all faculty and staff.
Full time faculty and full-time lab staff are required to have 12 (clock) hours of professional development training each year.
Adjunct faculty are required to have 4 (clock) hours of professional development training each year.
The hours must be completed between September 1 and August 31 of each year. All hours for the previous academic year must be recorded by September 15.
Informal credit can be given for whatever a faculty member and the department head agree on that aids teaching improvement or aids in keeping a faculty member current in his or her teaching field. For informal credit, the Professional Development Activity Form must be filled out and sent to Jim Heath for his approval.
All employees are required to have ADA and Sexual Harassment training every two years. Register and participate in the training online through ACC Workshop & Event Registration.
ACC Professional Development Information
General Interest - Professional Development Opportunities
Contact June Mullin or Paul Williams if you are interested in volunteering for an ACCHaoS event.
ACCHaoS Dates for 2016-2017
- Friday, September 30, 2016 - Star Party at RRC
- Friday, October 14, 2016 - Lee Elementary, Austin ISD
- Saturday, November 5, 2016 - College and Career Exploration Day at ACC
- Friday, November 18, 2016 - Popham Elementary, Del Valle ISD
- Friday, December 2, 2016 - Star Party at HLC
- Friday, December 9, 2016 - Austin Peace Academy
- Friday, January 25, 2017 - Winkley Elementary School, Leander ISD
- Friday, February 17, 2017 - Old Town Elementary, Round Rock ISD
- Saturday, February 25, 2017 - Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day at UT Austin
- Friday, April 21, 2017 - Eanes Elementary, Eanes ISD
- Friday, May 19, 2017 - Cedar Creek Elementary, Eanes ISD
- Friday, June 9, 2017 - Pflugerville Public Library
- Friday, June 16, 2017 - Round Rock Public Library
Professional Development Forms
Ongoing Workshops and Training
Vernier Online Training Webinars
Free, one-hour training online. Visit http://www.vernier.com/training/webinars/?utm_campaign for information on topics and dates/times.