ACC Faculty Professional Development
Safety training is required for all faculty and staff.
Full time faculty and full-time lab staff are required to have 12 (clock) hours of professional development training each year.
Adjunct faculty are required to have 4 (clock) hours of professional development training each year.
The hours must be completed between September 1 and August 31 of each year. All hours for the previous academic year must be recorded by September 15.
Informal credit can be given for whatever a faculty member and the department head agree on that aids teaching improvement or aids in keeping a faculty member current in his or her teaching field. For informal credit, the Professional Development Activity Form must be filled out and sent to Jim Heath for his approval.
All employees are required to have ADA and Sexual Harassment training every two years. Register and participate in the training online through ACC Workshop & Event Registration.
ACC Professional Development Information
Professional Development Forms
General Interest - Professional Development Opportunities
Contact Paul Williams if you are interested in volunteering for an ACCHaoS event.
- January 30, 2015 - Gateway College Prep
- February 20, 2015 - Star Party
- February 28, 2015 - Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day at UT
- March 13, 2015 - Old Town Elementary
- March 27, 2015 - Star Party
- April 10, 2015 - Eanes Elementary
- April 17, 2015 - Magellan International School
- June 12, 2015 - Round Rock Public Library
Physics Professional Development
Upcoming Meetings of Interest
- Winter meeting - AAPT - San Diego, CA
January 3-6, 2015
- American Meteorological Society - Phoenix, AZ, January 4-8, 2015
- American Astronomical Society -Seattle, WA, January 4-8, 2015
- APS March meeting will be in San Antonio, TX, March 2-6, 2015
- Joint Texas Section APS/AAPT/Zone 13 SPS Spring Meeting, March 5-7, 2015 - Lee College, Baytown, TX
- 2015 Summer Meeting, July 25-29 (University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland)
Upcoming Physics Workshops
- Project Based Learning for Introductory Physics (PBLIP) Workshop, November 13-15, 2014 - Estrella Mountain Community College, Avondale, AZ.
- Modeling Tools and Introductory Physics (MTIP) Workshop - April 23-25, 2015 - Fox Valley Technical College, Appleton, WI
See www.physicsworkshops.org for more details
Ongoing Workshops and Training
Vernier Online Training Webinars
Free, one-hour training online. Visit http://www.vernier.com/training/webinars/?utm_campaign for information on topics and dates/times.
December 5, 2014