ACC Faculty Professional Development
Safety training is required for all faculty and staff.
Full time faculty and full-time lab staff are required to have 12 (clock) hours of professional development training each year.
Adjunct faculty are required to have 4 (clock) hours of professional development training each year.
The hours must be completed between September 1 and August 31 of each year. All hours for the previous academic year must be recorded by September 15.
Informal credit can be given for whatever a faculty member and the department head agree on that aids teaching improvement or aids in keeping a faculty member current in his or her teaching field. For informal credit, the Professional Development Activity Form must be filled out and sent to Jim Heath for his approval.
All employees are required to have ADA and Sexual Harassment training every two years. Register and participate in the training online through ACC Workshop & Event Registration.
ACC Professional Development Information
Professional Development Forms
Ongoing Workshops and Training
Vernier Online Training Webinars
Free, one-hour training online. Visit http://www.vernier.com/training/webinars/?utm_campaign for information on topics and dates/times.
General Interest - Professional Development Opportunities
Contact June Mullin or Paul Williams if you are interested in volunteering for an ACCHaoS event.
ACCHaoS Dates for 2015-2016
- Friday, September 18, 2015 - Forest Trail Elementary, times TBA
- Friday, October 16, 2015 - Manor ISD, times TBA
- Friday, October 16, 2015 - Star Party at RRC, 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Friday, November 13, 2015 - Star Party at HLC, 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Friday, January 29, 2016 - Magellan International School, times TBA
- Friday, February 12, 2016 - Star Party at HLC, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Friday, February 19, 2016 - Old Town Elementary, times TBA
- Friday, April 8, 2016 - Eanes Elementary, times TBA
- Friday, April 8, 2016 - Star Party at RRC, 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Friday, May 27, 2016 - Chandler Oaks Elementary - times TBA
- Friday, June 10, 206 - Round Rock Public Library - times TBA
Physics - Professional Development Opportunities
Physics Professional Development
Upcoming Meetings of Interest
- ASP Annual Meeting, Early August
See www.physicsworkshops.org for more details
August 25, 2015