The Texas Success Initiative Assessment is the state-approved assessment to determine a student’s college readiness status. The College Connection Program will assist high schools with the testing their students need.
ACC actively supports school efforts to provide college readiness curriculum to students before high school graduation. Some of the efforts include:
- Establishing clear College and Career Pathways that can begin in high school and lead to meaningful credentials (see Pathways 2 Success for more information)
- Partnering with school districts on the House Bill 5 College Preparatory Courses in Math and English Language Arts (see resources below)
- Supporting TSI Assessment before high school graduation
Through the generous support of TG, Austin Community College has partnered with the E3 Alliance and Austin Partners in Education (APIE) to develop a repository of TSI-related resources for use by teachers, tutors, and other direct practitioners. These resources can help you build lesson plans, find materials for tutoring sessions, and develop curriculum strategies around the College Career Readiness Standards and TSI Proficiencies.
Click here to view the TSI Repository Spreadsheets: (Open with Internet Explorer or Chrome)
- TSI Repository for Reading and Writing_2_Dec 4 2014
The College Connection Program office is happy to assist you with questions you may have about the TSI Assessment and college readiness efforts. The links below have more information.
- TSI Assessment Preparation Resources
- TSI Assessment Student Information Brochure
- College Board/ACCUPLACER Preparation for TSI
- Texas Success Center (TSC) Resources for House Bill 5 for College Preparatory Courses
- TSC College Readiness Course Framework for Math
- TSC College Readiness Course Framework for English Language Arts
- Austin Community College Developmental Writing Student Resource
- Austin Community College Developmental Reading Practice Materials
- Austin Community College Developmental Math (Elementary and Intermediate Algebra) Reviews
- TSI Blueprint- TEKS/ CCRS Crosswalk
- iTunesU/TASA HB5 College Math Preparatory Course
- Dana Center New Mathways Project (NMP)
- College Readiness Assignments for Texas (CRAFTx)
- Texas Performance Standards Project
- Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) Math Ready iTunesU