Welcome to ACC’s Emergency Preparedness Week, September 8 to 12!
Testing of the ACC Emergency Alert System
ACC’s Emergency Mobile App
Get ACC’s brand new mobile Emergency Mobile App in three easy steps.
- Download the free In Case of Crisis - Education App by visiting the Apple app store, Google Play or Amazon for android.
- Launch the In Case of Crisis App.
- Click on the “+” symbol in the right hand corner to add the Austin Community College plan.
Open your newly downloaded plan and begin familiarizing yourself with the features and content. It even has a flashlight!
- Emergency procedures posters: Posters are located in classrooms and meeting rooms to provide information on different emergency procedures.
- Campus safety plans: Plans are located near the emergency procedures posters. They show five important pieces of information: building exits, areas of rescue assistance, recommended shelter areas in case of severe weather, outdoor rally point(s) for building evacuations, and the location of automated external defibrillators.
- Rally point signs: During a building evacuation students and employees should gather at the campus rally point to check in and receive information. Rally points are marked by posted signs and indicated on campus safety plans. Do not attempt to leave the campus while people are meeting at the rally point.
ACC’s Emergency Website
Finally, remember: Report suspicious behavior.