If you are an ACC student, you can access the following wireless networks using your ACCeID and password.
Note: The ACCLABs or WaveLAN connections do not support Mac OSX.
Wireless network access is used at one or more public areas on each campus and provides access to the public Internet only.
Read acceptable use guidelines before logging into wireless network.
How to connect
Your wireless equipped laptop or device must be set to obtain the IP address and DNS offerings automatically from ACC's IT services. This is the default on most devices unless specifically changed by the user.
- Open a web browser and attempt to browse to any site. The ACC wireless gateway will intercept the session and present the user with a login screen.
- Enter your ACCeID and password into the login screen.
- After authentication, you will be able to browse the Internet.
Note: Only HTTP and HTTPS types of traffic are allowed.
Obtain an IP Address Automatically
Go to : Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections/LAN Settings
Check the "Automatically detect settings" box.
Go to: System Preferences > Network > TCP\IP
Set Configure IPv6 to "Automatically".
How to disconnect
After logging in you will be redirected to a screen with instructions on how to log out properly from the ACC Student Wireless Network:
- You are connecting to an unsecured network. Information sent over this wireless network connection is not encrypted and might be visible to other people.
- Security is only provided for your initial login.
- It is possible for someone to obtain information that is being transmitted by your computer.
- By logging in, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the security of your personal computer and the data that you are transmitting.
The ACC Help Center cannot support all devices due to liability issues and the proliferation of mobile devices and service providers.