Effective communication involves more than disseminating information. Thoughtful, strategic, and cohesive messaging helps drive college-wide initiatives and build strong partnerships. We help tell the ACC story and ensure an informed community through focused, consistent communications.
We assist our college partners with:
- Strategic communication planning
- Promotional and technical writing/editing
- Spanish language consultation
- Internal and external information and promotions
- Integrated marketing projects
- Web content development and management
Writing for the college? Here are some tips:
- Develop a creative brief that identifies your objectives, your target audience, and your selected communications channel(s).
- Determine a format that fits the piece you are writing.
- Write first, design second. Make design decisions after you have created clear, crisp content.
- Follow the ACC Publications Style Guide to ensure accurate, consistent terminology.
- Follow plain language guidelines for academic and promotional writing.
- Ensure your statements on ACC practices, policies, costs, or career/wage projections comply with accrediting agency, federal, and state requirements.
- Adjust your project specifications according to your print budget, quantities, and distribution channels.