ACC's Supervisor Certificate Program
The Austin Community College District believes strongly in the importance of the continued professional growth of its employees through professional development activities and opportunities for advancement. The purpose of this program is to train ACC employees with supervisory potential, who have little or limited supervisor experience. (less than one year)
Participants will be able to
- Gain insight into their own personal leadership style
- Develop leadership skills under the principles of Servant-Leadership
- Apply necessary leadership/management philosophies and principles
- Gather practical supervisory skills (e.g.: budget system, evaluations, purchasing, etc.)
Please note: Completion of this program does not guarantee career advancement to a supervisory position. This program grants one year supervisory experience to ACC employees with less than the required minimum to advance through a defined career path. This experience will only be valid here at Austin Community College.
- Applications are accepted once a year.
- 15 applicants will be accepted.
- Once accepted into the program, participants will attend a mandatory orientation.
- Individuals have two years to complete the self-paced program. If the individual does not complete the program in two years they will need to reapply and repeat the program. Any prior workshops are not applicable.
- Participants will attend monthly full day skill building sessions. In order to remain in program, participants must attend 80% of sessions.
- Participants must complete 20 hours of shadowing with up to 2 approved ACC supervisors.
- Non Faculty Staffing Table Employee (Instructional Associates not eligible)
- Must have three years of service to ACC by October 1, 2018.
- Must have ‘meet or exceed requirements’/'highly effective'/'exceptional' reflected on their PEP during the previous 3 years.
- Participants must meet educational requirement of their identified career path. For information about career paths, go to the Career Connections website.
- Cover Sheet
- Completed and signed application by Friday, July 20, 2018 at 5pm-no exceptions.
- Essay explaining career goals including a detailed explanation as to why you should be accepted into the program and how this program can help you achieve those goals.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Provide PEP evaluations from the three previous years.
- Applications will be reviewed by committee to select finalists. Finalists will be interviewed by the selection committee prior to a final decision.
- Monday, June 4, 2018 - Applications Accepted
- Friday, July 20, 2018 at 5pm - Application Deadline
- Week of September 3rd, 2018 - Applicants Notified
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 - KICKOFF & Orientation for New Cohort
Turn in completed forms to HBC Office 608.1 ATTN: Human Resources- Nicole Bell
(Please click on the file name below, download file to your desktop to finish completing form.)
- Cover Sheet
- Current Resume
- Last 3 years of consecutive PEP evaluations
- Reference Letters (3 total)
One from your immediate supervisor
One from a colleague in your current department
One from another ACC employee that you support or collaborate with