All international students and their dependents must file at least one U.S. tax form for every year they are present in the U.S.

The form you submit depends on whether you received U.S. income, which includes wages, scholarships, housing stipends, cash awards, etc.

2017 Tax Forms & Deadlines
Did You Receive U.S. Income in 2017?Required FormsDeadline
Yes, I did earn U.S. incomeIRS Form 1040NR-EZ or IRS Form 1040NR AND IRS Form 8843April 17
No, I did NOT earn U.S. incomeIRS Form 8843April 17

If you have further questions

Note that ACC employees are not experts on tax filing, and we are not able to answer student-specific questions about taxes.  If you need information on tax filing, we recommend you look to the following resources:

Volunteer tax preparation assistance