ACC's Support Center provides specialized assistance and referrals to a select group of students who would benefit from additional assistance to overcome challenges and complete their education.
Are you eligible?
You may qualify for the Support Center if you are eligible to receive a Pell Grant and you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are a single parent.
- Your program of study (degree or certificate) is not traditional for your gender.
- You are a displaced homemaker.
Services & assistance
Financial assistance for childcare & textbooks
You can receive funds to help you pay for childcare or purchase books, depending on your need and the type of funds available.
Textbook loan program
The Support Center maintains a collection of textbooks for students to borrow and gives priority to students receiving assistance. Other students may request a loan after the first week of classes. See information and a list of textbooks.
Educational & career guidance
ACC counselors provide you one-on-one guidance in planning your college education or career and how to become an effective student.
Many community services offer help with childcare, employment, or housing. View a list of related community resources. These links are for your convenience only; ACC is not responsible for the information on these websites. Remember to research facts or claims about services offered.
Apply for services & assistance
When to apply
Applications are accepted year-round on a first-come, first-served basis. Financial awards are limited to available funds.
Follow these steps
- For assistance during the 2015-2016 academic year, please submit the 2015-2016 Support Center Application (PDF) to any Support Center.
- For assistance during the upcoming 2014-2015 summer semester, please submit the 2014-2015 Support Center Application (PDF) to any Support Center.
- Be sure to follow the instructions listed on the first page checklist of the application.
- Check ACCmail regularly for notices of current or upcoming awards.