How it works
When you enter the lab, ask for a tutor in your subject area. ACC tutors are dedicated professionals whose goal is to help you become a confident student. You will learn to:
- Formulate questions
- Use your textbooks as resources
- Prepare for exams
- Evaluate/correct exams
- Manage the course material
- Improve study skills and time management
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses as a learner
Available in all Learning Labs
Check the tutor schedule and call ahead to confirm availability
Use online tutoring
Visit the Blackboard tools menu to access free online tutoring.
Tutoring in ASL
The ACC Learning Lab at the Riverside campus offer support and tutoring services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing students.
- Introduction to the Learning Lab - Presented in American Sign Language
This nationally recognized program is available in many ACC classes. Supplemental Instruction classes include a peer leader hired to assist the class throughout the semester, attending classes, and holding outside study sessions for students.