Important FA Dates
- Check your ACCmail account to check for Financial Aid notices.
- Go to ACC Online Services to check your award status.
- Remember you must “accept” to get your financial aid!
- Are you ready to receive your refund? Learn more about the ACC Onecard
- If you have a financial aid award that has been accepted
- If you have a financial aid award that has been accepted, it is your responsibility to check ACC Online Services for your total payment due to ensure that all tuition and fees have been paid. Students that have unpaid balances after financial aid payment has been made will be disenrolled for nonpayment.
- If you have been awarded financial aid for the Summer 2013
- If you have been awarded financial aid for the Summer 2013 Semester, you MUST accept your award(s) before 5:00 pm on May 17. If you fail to ACCEPT your award(s), you will be responsible for payment of your tuition and fees or will be dropped from all classes for non-payment.
- If you have not received an award notice from the ACC Financial Aid Office
- If you have not received an award notice from the ACC Financial Aid Office, you must make arrangements to pay your tuition and fees or apply for an installment plan.
- If you have accepted your award(s) on ACC Online Services
- If you have accepted your award(s) on ACC Online Services, your financial aid will be used to pay your tuition and fees first, if there are any remaining funds they will be released to you through the Higher One choice you have selected.
- Disbursement Date Information
- Financial Aid Disbursement Dates- http://www.austincc.edu/support/financialaid/disbursementdates.php
Loan Disbursement Dates- http://www.austincc.edu/support/financialaid/pdfs/disbursementdates14.pdf
- First time loan borrowers disbursement delay - Effective Summer 2012
Don't be alarmed first-time loan borrowers...Be prepared!
Federal regulations require ACC to delay the first disbursement of student Stafford Loan funds for all first-time, first-year borrowers. Funds will be released 30 calendar days after the first day of class of the loan period. You might be asking yourself...
Why am I considered a first-year student?
You are considered a first-year student until you have earned at least 30 hours (not including developmental hours) applicable toward the ACC major you have declared with the ACC Admissions & Records Office.
Will all of my aid be delayed until the 30th class day?
Only the first disbursement of your Stafford Loans will be delayed. All other aid types are disbursed as your classes begin.
Will the delay cause me to be dropped from my classes if I don't pay my bill?
If you accept your student loan, you will be held in all of your classes.
How will I buy my books?
Grants are disbursed as your classes begin. If you need your loan to buy your books, then you must make other arrangements for purchasing them.
Remember to complete Entrance Counseling and the Stafford Master Promissory Note. | PDF copy of this information
- ACC partners with TG Higher Edge to communicate about loan repayment options.
- Austin Community College (ACC) has contracted Texas Guaranteed (TG)HigherEDGE to communicate with student loan borrowers who are entering repayment of their federal student loans.
You may contact TG HigherEDGE directly at: 1-888-323-5460, extension 18019. If you have additional questions, feel free to visit any ACC campus financial aid office or call 512-223-7874.
- NEW Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
- It is important you take the time to learn about the new Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
- Not sure what you need to meet FA SAP standards again?
- Calculate the number of completed courses needed to reach the 67% completion rate: Completion Rate Calculator
Calculate your GPA for the current session: GPA Calculator
- New regulations will affect certain certificate programs.
- New regulations affect many certificate programs that do NOT lead to an Associate degree. Learn more...