Programs & classes determine aid eligibility
Review the information below to ensure your program and classes are eligible for financial aid.
To receive financial aid, you must:
- Major in any ACC associate degree program OR an eligible certificate program; and
- Take classes that apply directly to your degree or certificate plan.
Ineligible or partially eligible programs of study
See below for information on programs and classes that have financial aid restrictions.
Ineligible certificates & awards
The following certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid funding because they do NOT meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Education.
|Ineligible Program Certificates & Awards|
|Program||Ineligible for Financial Aid|
|Academic CDA Training||Institutional certificate|
|Accounting Specialist||Marketable skills award|
|Accounting Technician||Marketable skills award|
|Automotive Technology||Advanced technical certificate|
|Building Construction Technology||Marketable skills award|
|Cardio-Vascular Sonography||Advanced technical certificate; ineligible, pending approval|
|Comprehensive CDA Training||Marketable skills award|
|Computer Networking||Marketable skills award|
|Computer Programming||Marketable skills award|
|Emergency Medical Technician- Basic||Certificate|
|Illustrations||Enhanced skills certificate|
|Inert Gas Welding||Certificate|
|Inert Gas Welding||Marketable skills award|
|Lineworker||Marketable skills award|
|Management Specialties Leadership||Certificate|
|Marine Engine Repair||Certificate|
|Marketing||Enhanced skills certificate|
|Medical-Vascular Sonography||Advanced technical certificate; ineligible, pending approval|
|Molecular Diagnostics||Enhanced skills certificate|
|Phlebotomy Technician||Institutional certificate|
|Professional Accountant||Advanced technical certificate|
|Professional Accountant||Marketable skills award|
|Professional Recognition for Caregivers||Institutional certificate|
|Real Estate Licensing||Certificate|
|Small Engine Repair||Certificate|
|Sustainable Production Management||Certificate|
|Vascular Technology||Enhanced skills certificate|
Partially eligible certificates
The following certificate programs are partially eligible for financial aid because they include classes that do not apply toward an associate degree at ACC, as required by the U.S. Department of Education.
|Programs of Study Partially Eligible for Financial Aid|
|Certificate Program||Credit Hours per ACC Catalog||Credit Hours FA Can Pay|
|Automotive Technician (Certificate)||55-56||35-40|
|Biotechnology Level II (Certificate)||44||28|
|Erosion and Sediment||25||21|
|License Vocational Nursing||43||37|
|Texas Peace Officer||38||21|
Federal regulations limit how much financial aid you can receive for the following coursework.
You can retake a class and receive financial aid under the following circumstances.
- You have never passed a certain class and need to retake it for a passing grade.
- You took a class and received a passing grade, and you would like to take it one more time. Any repeats of a successfully completed class after the first repeat are ineligible for aid. Note the repeat course policy for financial aid is separate from institutional academic policies regarding repeat courses.
- Developmental reading, writing, and math classes are eligible for financial aid up to a maximum 30 credits of attempted coursework.
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) classes are eligible for financial aid up to a maximum 24 credits.
- International bachelor’s (IB) degree holders cannot receive financial aid for ESOL coursework.
Continuing Education & audit classes
Audit classes and Continuing Education noncredit classes are not eligible for financial aid and do not count toward your ACC enrollment status.