Apply for financial aid early. This gives you the best chance of receiving types of aid that are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
1. Complete the FAFSA
- Enter ACC’s federal code 012015 in the school information section.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if applicable.
- Summer Applicants: Must submit ACC’s institutional Summer Financial Aid Application before their file will be reviewed for summer awards.
Non-citizens and undocumented students
If you are not a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, you are not eligible for federal aid and cannot submit the FAFSA. If you are an undocumented student with Texas residency status, Follow these instructions to apply for state aid.
2. Complete the ACC Admissions process
Required of all applicants. Austin Community College will begin the processing of financial aid applications after a student has successfully completed all of the admissions enrollment requirements and submitted all required documentation and transcripts to the college.
3. Check ACCmail and Online Services
The Financial Aid Office sends notices through ACCmail and Online Services. Check these accounts regularly after you apply for aid. Failure to respond promptly will delay your financial aid application.
4. Review and respond to your award offer
- Review disclosure information about your award offer.
- Indicate whether you accept or reject each type of financial aid that’s offered.
Failure to accept aid may cause you to be dropped from your classes for non-payment of tuition and fees.
5. Complete final step to receive a direct loan
You must complete entrance counseling and a master promissory note before you can receive loan funds. For website assistance, follow these instructions. If you are a first-time borrower, please sign up to attend an in-person counseling session at an ACC campus. Allow up to three business days for ACC to record your completion of the MPN and entrance counseling.
6. Obtain your funds
Review financial aid disbursement for information on how to pay tuition, receive a refund, and avoid having to repay any funds.