Federal and state work-study provides jobs for students with financial need. The program encourages community service and work related to your course of study. Work-study students may be eligible for up to 15 hours per week and will receive a pay check every two weeks.
Work-study application steps
- Complete the financial aid application steps.
- When completing the FAFSA, select the work-study option.
If your award letter includes a work-study option:
- Check the information below for work-study positions.
- Identify a position that interests you.
- Contact your campus Financial Aid Office to schedule an interview with the hiring department.
If accepted for a work-study position:
- Submit your employment paperwork, including proof of citizenship.
- Undergo a criminal background check.
- Complete work-study orientation at your campus.
- America Reads and America Counts: This program provides reading and mathematics tutorial services to elementary school children at various school sites. You must have college proficiency in reading and writing or mathematics to participate in this program. Positions are off-campus, and personal transportation required.
Each campus has an orientation session at the beginning of each fall semester, and you are required to attend this meeting. If you receive a work-study award at other times throughout the year, contact the Financial Aid Office at the campus where you wish to be placed to conduct an individual orientation.FALL 2014 Orientation Schedule
|CYP||2113||Wed., 8/13||9:00 - 10:30 a.m.|
|EGN||1143||Thurs., 8/14||10:00 - 11:30 a.m.|
|EVC||8223||Wed., 7/30||10:00 - 11:30 a.m.|
|HYS||1105.01||Mon., 8/11||5:30 - 7:00 p.m.|
|NRG||4136||Thurs., 8/21||1:30 - 3:00 p.m.|
|PIN||1013||Thurs., 8/21||2:00 - 3:30 p.m.|
|RGC||3310||Fri., 8/8||11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
|RRC||1123||Thurs., 8/14||2:00 - 3:30 p.m.|
|RVS||8100||Tues., 8/12||2:00 - 3:30 p.m.|
|SAC||1130||Fri., 8/15||2:00 - 3:30 p.m.|