The Student Emergency Fund is financial assistance for ACC students facing unforeseen financial emergencies and catastrophic events that may disrupt their education. Emergency funds are not intended to pay for routine expenses or be a consistent supplement to a student’s education funding. The maximum award is $500 per student.
Examples of emergencies
- Significant uncovered medical expenses related to self, spouse, or child.
- Loss of housing due to natural disaster, fire, etc.
Emergency fund eligibility
To be eligible to apply for the Student Emergency Fund, you must:
- Have completed at least 15 credits at ACC.
- Be registered for at least 6 credits in the semester in which the funds would apply.
- Document current financial need.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum 2.0 GPA and 50% course completion rate.
- Not have received emergency funds in the preceding semester.