Immunization proof may be required
The Texas Legislature requires that all incoming Texas college students must receive a vaccination or booster against bacterial meningitis.
Compliance deadlines can be found here.
Does the meningitis requirement apply to you?
|Yes, the law applies to you if you are:|
- Under 22 years old. AND
- Enrolling for the first time as a credit student. OR
- Returning after a break in enrollment of one semester or more. OR
- Transferring to ACC from another college or university. OR
- A Continuing Education student who is enrolled in integrated credit classes. (Check with CE for instructions.)
|No, you are automatically exempt if you are:|
- 22 years or older by the first day of the semester. OR
- A dual-credit or Early College High School student. OR
- Taking Continuing Education classes that are NOT integrated with credit classes and have fewer than 360 contact hours.
Meningitis Requirement Steps
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can register and pay for classes while you complete the requirement. However, your meningitis paperwork must be reviewed and approved before your tuition payment deadline, or you will be dropped from classes without notice.