Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Application
The HEERF application has closed for spring 2023.
Austin Community College received Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) aid to support eligible students financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
ACC must adhere to federal guidelines set forth by the Department of Education. Therefore, priority will be given to students who are registered for Spring 2023 classes, are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant, or other populations highly impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Undocumented students are eligible to apply.
Funds are limited to a maximum of $1,200 per student for Spring 2023. Submitting an application does not guarantee you will receive funds. The application is open to all students enrolled at the college. Applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
*Funds will be distributed when classes begin in January 2023. If you are using awarded funds to pay your Spring 2023 tuition, your classes will be held, despite the January 3 payment deadline.
Eligibility & Requirements
- You must have been an ACC student taking college credit, continuing education, dual credit or adult education courses anytime since March 13, 2020 (the date the President declared the COVID-19 national emergency).
- You must indicate on the HEERF application that you have been financially impacted in some way by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Your related expenses must have occurred on or after March 13, 2020.
- You can apply for and receive HEERF once each semester.
- How do I receive HEERF funds?
- HEERF funds are distributed to you based on the refund preference you have selected with BankMobile. Select or verify your refund preference now. If you do not select a refund preference with BankMobile, your funds will be returned to ACC and your application will be denied.
- What can I use HEERF funds for?
- HEERF funds may be used by students for any component of their cost of attendance such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care), child care, or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus.
- If I receive HEERF funds, do I need to repay them?
- Can I apply for HEERF funds more than once per semester?
- ACC will allow you to apply for funds only once each semester (fall, spring, or summer).
- Will HEERF funds be available in future semesters?
- The HEERF application will re-open for the summer 2023 semester.
- Will HEERF funds impact or reduce my financial aid or benefits?
- No. HEERF funds are not taken into account when determining your eligibility for federal financial aid or veterans benefits.
- What if my application to receive HEERF funds is denied?