Your safety matters. All who come to Austin Community College campuses and centers are currently required to wear face masks. Social distancing is strongly encouraged to help reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and better ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff, especially those who are most at-risk.
View Austin Community College District's COVID-19 Return to Campus Health & Safety Protocols.
Vea los Protocolos de seguridad y salud para el regreso al campus del COVID-19 del Distrito de Colegios Comunitarios de Austin.
· If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days; are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19; or been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days; stay home, contact your primary care provider, and complete ACC’s COVID-19 self-report form.
Definition of Exposure: You have been in close contact (within 6 feet) of the individual for a total of 15 minutes or more, over a 24-hour period.
· Upon receipt of the self-reporting form, the individual will receive further instructions from the college’s contact tracing team.
· As always, call 911 for emergency situations.
· ACC will continue COVID-19 contact tracing for on-campus COVID-19 incidents.
· Based on selfreporting, ACC will contact students and employees to obtain more information and provide further instructions.
· The college initiates contact tracing for on-campus COVID-19 incidents to determine exposures and identify quarantine requirements.
· Under no circumstances should you disclose the identity of an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 or may have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19; this is a violation of their confidentiality.
· When an individual shares with you that they are positive for COVID-19, urge them to go home or stay home, seek medical care if needed, follow their healthcare provider’s instructions and complete ACC’s self-reporting form.
· Completion of ACC's self-reporting form will immediately alert the college's contact tracing team to begin following up with that individual and any others with whom they may have been in close contact.
· If an individual is unable or unwilling to complete the self-reporting form, contact Michael Garcia, ACC’s executive director of Regulatory Affairs, at email@example.com.
Employee Leave and Additional Resources
· Employees who are working remotely can continue to work remotely when approved, as long as they are able to perform the essential functions of their job.
· If essential and core work functions must be performed on campus and the employee is not able to return to work due to a COVID-19 related reason (contact or exposure) or illness, the employee will not be able to continue to work remotely. The employee should use their accrued leave (sick, vacation, or personal) for their absence.
· When an employee is not able to return to work for any reason related to COVID-19, the employee should use their accrued leave (sick, vacation or personal) for their absence.
· In any situation, an employee who is out sick for 3 or more days must submit a physician’s note to return to work to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to returning from leave.
ACC follows cleaning and disinfecting guidance from the CDC and WHO and supplemented with Ecolab expertise for commercial facilities and office buildings. All disinfectants used at ACC are approved by the EPA for use against the Novel Coronavirus. Specific cleaning and disinfecting protocols at ACC include, but are not limited to, the following:
Beginning Monday, September 20, ACC will offer free COVID-19 testing at Round Rock, Highland, Riverside, and Eastview campuses. The testing, provided by Curative, is free to ACC students and employees. Below is the current schedule. Additional dates and times will be added. Please check back soon. To find other testing locations near you, click this link.
Monday, 9/20: 8a-5p at Eastview Campus | Map
Tuesday, 9/21: 8a-5p at Round Rock Campus | Map
Wednesday, 9/22: 8a-5p at Highland Campus | Map
Thursday, 9/23: 8a-5p at Riverside Campus | Map