As an American citizen, your vote is your voice. On Election Day, every vote matters!
ACC Votes is a non-partisan initiative of the Austin Community College Community and Public Affairs Department to provide the college community with access to voter registration and information on voting procedures.
You are eligible to vote if:
- You are a U. S. citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law.
Three ways to register
- On-campus. During voting seasons, Texas volunteer deputy registrars are on campus to assist with voter registration. A list of scheduled drives and events are in the calendar below.
- Online. Fill out a voter registration form online. You must print it and mail it in to your county registrar's office. (See links to county election offices.)
- In-person. Pick up a voter registration form at your county Voter Registrar’s office.
Voter Registration Events
The 1998 reauthorization of the federal Higher Education Act includes a requirement that higher education institutions make a “good faith effort” to distribute voter registration forms to students.