There are flat-screen TVs that display digital signage information on campus. The Office of Communications and Marketing and ACCTV maintains the content of these digital signage TVs and approves what can go on the signage.
Advertise your campus event or activity
If you are department of the college providing events, activities, or services for students, you can apply to have a slide for your event or activities added to the digital signage playlist.
Digital Signage Request Submission Process
1. Read the digital signage guidelines
- Playlist slides will need to be submitted to us at least one week before the desired start time of the image playback. These can be sent to Robert “Chuck” Cruse (email@example.com) and will get approved OR sent back with notes on how to adjust it per the guidelines so the signage is in the best format to read and looks cohesive with the other slides already playing.
- The slide’s duration in the playlist will be 8 seconds.
- All slides must be associated with college operations, academic areas, or student services.
- Slides can appear in playlists for up to three weeks per semester.
2. Create your slideshow image
- JPG or PNG image format (we can also accept PPT but per the standards above)
- 1920px x 1080px
Digital Signage Design Recommendations:
- Design image to be read from 10 feet away. So large fonts are best.
- Be concise: Maximum 3 lines of text, with 5 words or less, or 5 lines of text with 3 words or less.
- Use sans-serif fonts. Verdana, Helvetica, and Arial are good choices.
- Use two fonts or less in the design. Italicize rarely.
- Text color should contrast well with the background.
- For events include ‘call to action’ info such as date, place, contact email and/or an ACC vanity URL for more information.
3. Submitting your slideshow image
- Slides must be submitted at least 10 days before the desired playlist start time.
- The maximum play duration of each slide will be either 3 weeks, or until the advertised event is complete, whichever comes first.
Failure to follow the above guidelines may result in the denial of your digital signage slideshow image request so please adhere the guidelines above.