International students who are not in the United States must obtain the F-1 student visa to study in the United States. This includes international students enrolling in an academic program at a university, college, seminary, conservatory or another academic institution, including an English language program.
You must apply to Austin Community College, through the International Student Office, to obtain admission and the immigration document Form I-20, which is needed to apply for the F-1 student visa with the United States Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
View the application requirements.
F-1 Student Life Cycle:
- 1. Submit application
- Apply as an F-1 New student to Austin Community College (ACC) using the International Student Application
- 2. Receive acceptance packet
- It will include your Form I-20, acceptance letter, and welcome guide via email. You will need to print off and sign your I-20 for your visa appointment.
- 3. Pay the I-901 SEVIS fee
- 4. Apply for the F-1 Visa
- Confirm you have the required documents and schedule your visa interview following the instructions on the website of your nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate in your home country.
- 5. Travel to the United States
- 6. Maintain valid F-1 status
- 7. Explore future educational options
- 8. Depart the United States.
- You have 60 days to depart the United States after graduating from a degree or certificate program at ACC or after completing OPT.
Adapted from StudyintheStates International Student Life Cycle