If you will be leaving the U.S. unexpectedly during or after the semester, before the program end date on your I-20, you must inform the International Student Office. To request an Authorized Early Withdrawal, you MUST submit the following:
Once completed, you can submit the form to the International Student Office in person (see locations and hours) or by emailing the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition If your Authorized Early Withdrawal is approved:
- Your SEVIS record will be “terminated” for an “authorized early withdrawal."
- You MUST leave the U.S. within 15 days of the termination date.
- You MAY NOT remain in the U.S. during your absence. If you do not leave the U.S. within the stated times, you will be out of status and in the country without authorization.
- You MAY NOT use your student visa to enter the U.S., unless you will be returning to continue your studies at ACC within five (5) months of your departure date.
- You MUST return to the U.S. within 5 months to keep your immigration status & begin classes in the next available session. Before you return:
- You will need to contact the ISO 60 days before you plan to return to request your SEVIS record be "reactivated."
- If reactivated, you will be able to return to the US up to 30 days prior to semester start date.
- You MUST submit a copy of your return flight itinerary or airline ticket if returning by air.
- Any absence from the U.S. of more than 5 months will require you to request a new initial I-20 and possibly apply for a new F-1 visa.