Scholarships are a great way to pay for college. They are available from a variety of sources and many are reserved specifically for ACC students. Some types of scholarships are:
- ACC Foundation scholarships: Hundreds of scholarships awarded on the basis of financial need, family status, educational background, high school, or academic major.
- Study abroad scholarships: Awards for study abroad programs. Students applying to non-ACC study abroad programs also are eligible.
- Military scholarships: Scholarships related to military service.
- AmeriCorps scholarships: Scholarships for work performed through AmeriCorps, the national volunteer service organization.
- Outside scholarships: Awards from businesses and private organizations.
How to apply
Follow the links above to search and apply for available scholarships. Be sure to start the process early: The application deadline for most scholarships is at least a semester in advance. For example, applications are due in spring for funds awarded for fall classes.
View helpful tips below and get help with application essays at a campus Learning Lab. ACC’s Student Money Management Office also offers scholarship workshops throughout the year.
Basic application tips
Essay writing tips
7 Steps to Writing a Winning Scholarship Essay
After you receive your award
Make sure your scholarship funds are processed and applied to your tuition. View How to Use Scholarship Funds.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.