ACC adheres to the Texas Education Code for tuition and fees refunds.
IMPORTANT: Review the consequences of dropping or withdrawing from a class.
College Credit Tuition & Fee Refunds
- Dropping a class may entitle you to either an 100%, 70%, 25%, or 0% refund (depending on when the class is dropped during the registration period). For more information regarding refunds percentages, click here.
- Refunds for dropped classes will be processed twice weekly until the semester tuition deadline for your registration period.
- During the semester registration period, refunds will not be processed the week before any payment deadline.
- College credit tuition/fee refund deadlines are posted on this page.
- Select your refund preference in advance to avoid delays in receiving your refund.
Continuing Education Tuition & Fee Refunds
ACC mails Continuing Education tuition/fee refunds to your address on file unless you paid with a credit card. Ensure ACC has your correct address on file. See instructions to update your address.
Continuing Education tuition/fee refund deadlines will be posted on this page as soon as available.
First Day Book Fee Refunds
To opt-out of the First Day book fee submit your request through your course’s site on Blackboard. Requests to opt-out or to cancel your opt-out must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the census date for every semester or additional session. . Please note that refunds will be issued 15 days after the last day to opt-out.
- Credit card refunds will appear on your monthly statement. You are responsible for interest charged to the credit card account while the refund is processed.
- Refunds of third-party or sponsor payments are sent back to those payers, See other payment arrangements for third-party information.
- We deduct any debt owed to the college before issuing a refund.