COVID 19 Update - Live Tutoring Opportunities
- October 1, 6 & 8th: Learning Lab Live Tutoring: Acids, Bases, and Buffers,,Oh my!
- October 6 & 20: Learning Lab Live Tutoring: Test Prep Strategies for Science
- October 7 & 21: Learning Lab Live Tutoring: A&P Study Skills
- October 8: Learning Lab Live Tutoring: Acids, Bases, and Buffers,,Oh my!
- October 9: MLA Works Cited Entries
- October 13 & 15: Learning Lab Live Tutoring: Redox Reactions and Review
- October 14: Learning LabLive Tutoring: A+ Papers: Editing for College Writing
- October 27: Learning Lab Live Tutoring: Converting Units Using Dimensional Analysis
Check the events calendar for more information.
How it works
ACC Learning Labs are here to help during hours of operation. All Learning Lab Tutors are now online. Please check the tutoring schedules to schedule one-on-one tutoring sessions. To request a tutoring session with a tutor fill out the Request Form. ACC tutors are dedicated professionals whose goal is to help you become a confident student. You will learn to:
- Formulate questions
- Use your textbooks as resources
- Prepare for exams
- Evaluate/correct exams
- Manage the course material
- Improve study skills and time management
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses as a learner
Available in all Learning Labs
Check the tutor schedule and call ahead to confirm availability
- Study Skills
- Assessment test preparation
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Foreign languages
- Computer science
- Health Sciences
Tutoring in ASL
The ACC Learning Lab at the Riverside campus offer support and tutoring services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing students.
Schedule of Tutors for Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing - PDF
Presented in American Sign Language
This nationally recognized program is available in many ACC classes. Supplemental Instruction classes include a peer leader hired to assist the class throughout the semester, attending classes, and holding outside study sessions for students.