The planning process included participation from all areas of the college. It integrated goals from existing planning processes at the program and departmental levels and incorporates new practices that serve as an extension of the strategic planning and budget processes.
An AMP website was created and populated with planning documents and resource materials, including the ACC Mission and Strategic Plan, Guided Pathways action plans, ACC program reviews and learning assessments, Area demographics, Area labor market information, the State plan of 60x30TX, and selected readings on the future of higher education
- From the documents above, the following Strategic Themes for the AMP were identified:
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Teaching and Learning
- Experiential Learning
- Active and Collaborative Learning
- Evidence of Student Learning and Preparation
- The Future of Teaching and Learning
- The Student Experience
- Student Engagement
- Student Advocacy
- Program Development
- New Theme (open ended)
- Areas of Study (AoS) Teams developed proposals addressing Theme A as well as one or more of the other themes recommending a project, initiative, facility, personnel, etc. for inclusion in the AMP.
- The Steering Committee will consider institutional needs or projects that span all of the AoS as well as offer formative feedback and evaluation of the AoS proposals using a rubric based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with Strategic Plan
- Scale – how many students will be impacted
- Projected results – (e.g., increases in students' access, persistence, completion, transfer, employment, learning)
- Evidence of viability
- The Steering Committee offered recommendations to the Executive Committee which then provided final editing.
- The formal AMP is in production.
Guiding Assumptions for the ACC AMP
- It should be aspirational, yet helpful in prioritizing the many initiatives that we undertake.
- Everything we do is important, but not everything is a priority. Even if something is not in the AMP, it does not mean it will be eliminated.
- The AMP must remain a living document; evaluated and adjusted over time as needed.
- The AMP will be used to inform and set priorities for future budgets and possible bond elections. It is not intended, however, as a place to request additional funds for current operations.
Process Flow Chart - PPT