Our ACC student support services teams have implemented remote services to help you complete what you started this spring semester. We recognize that online may not be your preferred learning environment. However, we are here to encourage you to continue and complete the spring 2020 semester strong.
We also understand during this time you may have needs best met by our community partners.
- Community Resources List: Our Student Support Center is actively updating this list of community resources.
- 211 Texas: Dial 211 for community resources responding to COVID-19 related needs.
- Blackboard Online Classrooms
- Academic Coaching
- Accessibility Services
- The Student Accessibility Services office is here to help students with accessibility services and assistive technologies including interpreter services-deaf/hard of hearing support.
- ACCelerator staff are providing the following services remotely:
- Admissions & Records
- Advising, Success Coaching, and Completion Counseling
- Our Advisors, Success Coaches, and Completion Counselors can assist with planning and registering for courses, reviewing holds, discussing transfer options, and more.
To schedule a video appointment with someone from your home campus, contact:
- Career Services
- Career Services is here to support students whose employment has been impacted by the current economic disruptions. We will monitor the regional job market and post daily updates for new employment opportunities. Our team provides job search assistance, virtual job interview preparation, online career readiness resources, resume & cover letter preparation, and one-on-one online appointments. Check our Job Search page for daily updates.
- International Office
- For this Spring 2020 semester, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) has temporarily authorized international students to take a full course of study of online/distance learning classes, from within the U.S. or from their home country, and still maintain their F-1 immigration status. A minimum of twelve (12) credit hours is considered a full course of study at ACC.
If you are an international student, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
International Office FAQs
- Library Services
- Supplemental Instruction
- Testing Center
- Online Classroom Testing: All ACC campuses, including Testing Centers, are closed through May 31. Exams for spring and summer courses will be online tests that students can take from home. For more information about online testing at ACC, visit the Online Testing resource page. Testing for online courses may include Respondus testing at home and ProctorU third party remote testing. Please check your class Blackboard and contact your professor for details on how your course exams will be offered.
Consult the ACC ProctorU page for guidance on how to request testing if your professor requires you to use ProctorU for testing. Ensure that you schedule your test at least 72 hours ahead of you taking your test.
TSI ASSESSMENT TESTING: Due to Covid-19, our testing centers are currently closed. TSI Assessments will be offered remotely via an online proctoring service. If you do not have scores or exemptions and need to take the TSI Assessment, contact email@example.com for more information.
Business Testing: We are exploring other options to provide testing. For those who were scheduled for testing, we will update you if a solution is available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Transfer Services
- Interested in transferring to a four-year college or university? Get one-on-one assistance from ACC Career & Transfer Specialists. We can assist virtually with transfer applications, essay and resume review and help you explore transfer destinations.
- Schedule a meeting with a Career and Transfer Specialist
- Participate in online workshops and Transfer Chats
- For more information, visit austincc.edu/transfer
- Financial Aid
- Send your financial aid questions and forms to email@example.com.
- If you’re a veteran, send your financial aid forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can accept scanned and photographed forms unless the form specifies otherwise.
- Sign the form before scanning or photographing your form. Typed names can’t be accepted.
- To apply for financial aid to cover this academic year, complete the 2020-21 FAFSA.
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Although the priority deadline has passed, ACC is still taking scholarship applications.
- You only need to submit one application and personal statement to be considered for most scholarships offered.
- If you want help with completing your application, contact a staff member below:
- Student Emergency Fund
- Funds are available to help credit students cover unanticipated expenses.
- Visit austincc.edu/sef for eligibility information and application instructions.
- Student Money Management
- Get one-on-one help from a financial coach. Schedule a financial coaching session.
- Get general financial information through online education. Register with your ACCmail address.
- To stay updated, visit austincc.edu/money. Send questions to email@example.com.
- Veterans Services
- Contact a Veterans Affairs specialist for guidance on your classes and certification.
- You also can send forms and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive your payment for Work-Study hours even though you are unable to work due to COVID-19 closures. Contact email@example.com for questions.
- Clinical Counseling
- We know this is a difficult time for many. During these unprecedented times for our school, our city and the world, ACC’s commitment to the well-being of our students is stronger than ever. In order to best meet the needs of our students, ACC District Clinical Counseling Services now provides online counseling for enrolled ACC students. There will be no in-person counseling until further notice due to COVID-19 safety measures. We are aware that there are anxieties and challenges that we are all moving through in these times. As we navigate the impact of COVID-19, ACC District Clinical Counseling Services is working to support your mental health needs today and helping us all emerge from this pandemic stronger tomorrow. For a referral to mental health clinical services please submit a District Clinical Counseling Services Request.
Please note that ACC does not provide Crisis Counseling and does not employ a Crisis Counseling Team. If you are in need of more urgent or immediate assistance, please contact 512-472-HELP (4357) or 911.
- Report an Incident
- Reporting concerns and incidents to college officials is beneficial to our students' and employees' success and safety. Reporting also strengthens the mission of the College and our educational environment. Completing the appropriate form below shall help ensure prompt notification to the proper College official.
- Student Life
- Student Life will continue to promote an environment committed to students’ personal, emotional, cultural, social, and ethical development. We are preparing exciting virtual connections that will be available soon. In the meantime, please connect with us by:
- Support Center
- The Support Center works with students to overcome challenges and complete their education.
- Visit the Support Center for eligibility and application information. You also may submit a Support Center Information Request.
- Support Center FAQs
- iPad Distribution
- Students who submitted the Student Technology Access Form and indicated they need help accessing their online learning environment to successfully complete this spring semester are eligible to check out an ACC iPad. Learn more. >
- Computer and Internet Access
- Help Desk
- The Student Affairs Help Desk can assist with questions you have about ACCmail, ACCeID, Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, and general Advising questions:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Information: austincc.edu/help
- Internet Connection
- To be successful in your courses, we recommend a minimum bandwidth of 600 kbps for both upload and download speed. Most providers should offer basic packages that exceed this amount. If users are unable to obtain these speeds, they should not worry. Most applications and products will work just fine at slower speeds. This recommendation is a speed that will provide an optimal experience across all applications. If you do not currently have internet, some providers may offer special deals, including free access for a limited time:
- Wireless Assistance
- Many wireless companies are providing assistance as well:
- Sprint and T-Mobile are making all data plans unlimited for the next 60 days and increasing mobile hotspot usage.
- Verizon has automatically added a 15 Gigabytes per month hotspot allowance for all customers.
- AT&T will waive any data overage charges as long as the customer contacts them and submits a request.