Get the Help You Need Online
As an Austin Community College student, you have online access to all the free support and services students have come to expect from us. From tutors and academic coaches, to advisors and career and transfer counselors, our caring faculty and staff are eager to assist you.
Academic Support | Financial Support | Personal Support | Technology Support
We understand during this time of uncertainty, you may have needs best met by our community partners.
- Community Resources: Find information for support with food, rent, counseling, health care and more.
- 211 Texas: Dial 211 for community resources wherever you are.
- Blackboard Online Classrooms
- Academic Coaching
- Accessibility Services
- The Student Accessibility Services office is here to help students with accessibility services and assistive technologies including interpreter services-deaf/hard of hearing support.
- ACCelerator staff are offering scholarship application assistance, registration assistance, and student advocacy support online. Visit austincc.edu/accelerator for more information.
- Our Advisors, Success Coaches, and Completion Counselors are dedicated to your success, and can assist with planning and registering for courses, reviewing holds, discussing transfer options, and more. Visit the Advising Office for more information. To schedule a video appointment with someone from your home campus, contact:
- Admissions & Records
- TSI Assessment Alternative
- ACC is offering alternative criteria for placement of the TSI assessment requirements for the Spring 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021 semesters. Please visit Testing Services for more information.
- Career Services
- Career Services is here to support students whose employment has been impacted by the current economic disruptions. We will monitor the regional job market and post daily updates for new employment opportunities. Our team provides job search assistance, virtual job interview preparation, online career readiness resources, resume & cover letter preparation, and one-on-one online appointments. Check our Job Search page for daily updates.
- International Office
- Currently, all international student applications are on hold for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. The current global situation has suspended the issuance of student visas. Please visit austincc.edu/international or the International FAQs below for the latest updates. International students should contact the International Student Office if you are considering traveling outside or have questions on returning to the United States.
- Library Services
- Librarians are available 24/7 to assist you online. During COVID-19, visit the Library Information and Services website for online resources such as e-books, research guides, interactive tutorials, and 24/7 Expert Librarian chat.
- Supplemental Instruction
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders will hold Google Meet SI study sessions at regularly scheduled times. Instructions concerning how to log onto the Google Meet sessions will be sent to students by the professor teaching the SI-supported course.
- Testing Center
Due to COVID-19, the college is closed to the public. However, our Testing Center personnel are here to support you with your testing needs.
COVID-19 TSI Assessment
For more information regarding TSI Assessment please visit TSI Assessment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Instructional Testing
- Your instructor will let you know what testing methods will be used for your course. Please visit the Online Testing page for more information on ACC's online testing options.
- Transfer Services
- Interested in transferring to a four-year college or university? Get one-on-one assistance from ACC Career & Transfer Specialists. We can assist virtually with transfer applications, essay and resume review and help you explore transfer destinations.
- Steps to get started working with an ACC Tutor for unlimited hours per semester.
- Financial Aid
- Most students and families are eligible for some type of financial aid – from grants, scholarships, loans, or work-study. The Financial Aid Office is available remotely to help you explore options for funding your college education.
- To apply for financial aid to cover this academic year, complete the 2020-21 FAFSA.
- Send your financial aid questions and forms (except Appeals) to email@example.com.
- Send all financial aid appeals (SAP appeals, Unusual Enrollment History appeals, and Selective Service appeals) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re a veteran, send your financial aid forms to email@example.com.
- We can accept scanned and photographed forms unless the form specifies otherwise.
- Sign the form before scanning or photographing your form. Typed names can’t be accepted.
- Financial Aid FAQs
- For more information or to chat with a FA Specialist, visit our office page.
- Austin Community College makes it easy to find a scholarship that fits. Just submit a single application and short personal statement. ACC’s in-house experts will see if they can match you to a scholarship.
- Student Emergency Fund
- ACC'S Student Emergency Fund will help you stay on track to reach your academic and career goals should you experience unexpected expenses or a reduction or loss of income. Visit austincc.edu/sef for more information.
- Student Money Management Office
- ACC’s Student Money Management Office is here to help you take control of your money.
- Visit Veterans Services for information about Veterans programs and services. Contact a Veterans Affairs specialist for guidance on your classes. Send any forms and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eligible work-study employees were paid for any hours they would have been scheduled to work from March 23, 2020 to May 17, 2020 even though they were unable to work due to the COVID-19 closure.
Unfortunately, work-study was not available for summer 2020 and the Financial Aid Office is not processing new work-study requests for fall 2020. For other employment opportunities, we recommend reaching out to our Career Services team at austincc.edu/career. They help students build their career readiness and find a job regardless of work-study eligibility.
If you are a current or former work-study employee, the Work-Study/Outreach Coordinator will work with you to determine your financial aid options for the 2020-2021 school year. Contact email@example.com for questions.
- Advocacy: Legal Help, Health Care, Clothing, Transportation & more
- Contact ACC's Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org and advocates will help you find what you need.
- ACC students get free access to busses, trains and more. Register for your free public transit "green pass" each semester here.
- Child Care and Family Support
- Food Access and Benefits Help
- Students can receive boxes of food on the fourth Friday of the month at Riverside Campus (except during holidays - check calendar) through ACC's partnership with Central Texas Food Bank's mobile pantry.
- Housing and Utility Assistance
- For general help with housing and utilities, contacting ACC's Support Center at email@example.com. For one-time emergency assistance paying your utility bill or other housing-related bills, check out the Student Emergency Fund.
- Clinical Counseling
- In order to best meet the needs of our students during the COVID-19 pandemic, ACC District Clinical Counseling Services is providing virtual tele-mental health services counseling for enrolled ACC students. Visit austincc.edu/counseling for more information.
To schedule an appointment or referral for mental health clinical services please submit a District Clinical Counseling Services Request.
Please note that ACC does not provide Crisis Counseling and does not employ a Crisis Counseling Team. If you are in need of more urgent or immediate assistance, please contact:
- 911(all emergencies)
- Travis County 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 512-472-HELP(4357)
- Williamson & Bastrop Counties 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 1-800-841-1255
- Hays & South Counties Hotline: 1-877-466-0660
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
- CHAT Crisis Services: IMAlive.org or suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat
- TEXT Crisis: START to 741741 or TalkWithUs to 66746
- Statewide COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line: 833-986-1919 (24/7, toll-free)
- Report an Incident
- ACC supports a safe and healthy learning environment. Reporting concerns and incidents to college officials is beneficial to our students' and employees' success and safety. Reporting also strengthens the mission of the College and our educational environment. Completing the appropriate form below shall help ensure prompt notification to the proper College official.
- Student Life
- Student Life is committed to supporting students’ personal, emotional, cultural, social, and ethical development during the pandemic. Explore our online virtual events at austincc.edu/mysl. Attend free online activities and workshops, join or start a student organization, connect and socialize with other ACC students
- Please contact Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. To stay updated, connect with us on social media
- Support Center
- The Support Center provides specialized assistance and referrals to help ACC students overcome challenges and complete their education. Visit austincc.edu/supportcenter to learn more about types of services, assistance , eligibility criteria and application information.
- Visit the Support Center for eligibility and application information. You also may submit a Support Center Information Request.
- Technology Access & iPad Distribution
- If you do not have access to technology at home please fill out the Student Computer and Internet Access Form as an initial step.
- Once completed, a member of our team will follow up with you.
- Eligible students will be able to check out an ACC iPad to use during the semester.
- Once submitted, a member of our team will follow up with you.
- To learn more visit: iPad Distribution: Student Support Learn more
- Help Desk
- The Student Affairs Help Desk can assist with questions you have about ACCmail, ACCeID, Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, and general Advising questions:
- Internet Connection & Wireless Assistance
- ACC provides free, secure, drive-up WiFi to students and employees at all campus locations. WiFi may be accessed from parking lots 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.