Adobe Creative Cloud at ACC
Austin Community College is FIRST community college in the nation designated an Adobe Creative Campus.
Adobe Creative Cloud is now available to ACC faculty, staff, and students at no-to-minimal cost. This suite of products gives you unlimited access to industry-leading creation tools for graphic design, video editing, and web development such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Premiere Pro, Spark and more. With Adobe Creative Cloud, you get access the latest updates, new features, apps, and services as soon as they are released.
Important: Photography should feature actual ACC students, faculty, and staff. Limit stock photography to objects and concepts, unless there is no alternative. Contact the Office of Communications and Marketing if you need photos of students, alumni, faculty, or staff.
Students enrolled in courses that require the use of Adobe Creative Cloud are eligible to purchase licenses at a substantial discount of $10 per semester. Students not enrolled in courses that require Adobe Creative Cloud can purchase a semester-based license for $50 per semester. Faculty and staff may obtain their licenses at no cost. You will need your ACCeID and password to log in.
Adobe Creative Cloud FAQs
- Who is eligible?
Faculty and Staff: Adobe Creative Cloud is available to full-time staff and faculty at no cost.
Students: Students enrolled in courses that require the use of Adobe Creative Cloud are eligible to purchase licenses at a substantial discount of $10 per semester. Students not enrolled in courses that require Adobe Creative Cloud can purchase a semester-based license for $50 per semester.
Note: Students must have claimed their official ACC email address before attempting to purchase Adobe at a discount rate.
- Can I install this on ACC-owned devices and personally-owned (non-ACC) devices?
- How do I get this software?
- Users will log in to the Austin Community College WebStore (Kivuto) to view available offerings and purchase their license.
- Once in the Kivuto Web Store, click on the Adobe Creative Cloud icon.
- Click "Add to Cart." Then proceed with completing your purchase.
- After completing your purchase, access your orders by clicking on your name in the top right corner of the page and selecting "Your Account/Orders". Click on View Details under the Adobe purchase and then click the Install button to download Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Once the Creative Cloud application is installed on your computer, open the application and click Install next to any of the Adobe products you wish to install on your computer.
- How do I qualify for a discounted rate?
Students who are enrolled in an Adobe Creative Cloud required course should automatically see the $10 price in the Kivuto store. The discounted rate will be made available the Tuesday after a student has registered for the course. If the $10 price is not available in the Kivuto store, students should first confirm that they have waited until the following Tuesday after registering for the course. If the waiting period has lapsed and the discounted rate is still not available, students should contact their instructor before purchasing an Adobe license.
Instructors whose students are not able to purchase the license at the $10 rate should send an email to email@example.com with the course and student information.
Note: The list of eligible students is updated every Tuesday, so it can take up to a week after students have registered for an Adobe-required course for the pricing to be updated.
- What are the computer hardware requirements to run Adobe Creative Cloud products?
For a complete list of requirements, see Adobe Creative Cloud System Requirements.
- Is there a limit to how many computers I can install my Adobe Creative Cloud apps?
You may install Adobe Creative Cloud on multiple computers regardless of the operating system i.e. PC or Mac. However, activation is limited to two computers at a time per individual membership, and you may not use the software on these computers simultaneously.
For more information on activation and usage, see On how many computers can I use my Creative Cloud subscription?
- Can I convert my ACC Adobe account to a personal Adobe account?
Yes. Faculty, staff, and students who are leaving ACC can go through a 1-time, non-reversible process of moving your Adobe cloud resources to a personal Adobe account. For more information, visit Adobe's Student Asset Migration page.
- I have my own personal Creative Cloud subscription. Is it possible to terminate my contract without penalty?
Yes. Austin Community College has an enterprise agreement (“ETLA”) with Adobe. Because of this benefit, individual Creative Cloud subscribers can terminate their contracts and not be charged a termination fee. The auto-renew process of individual subscriptions is entirely separate from your enterprise agreement. Thus each individual will have to contact Adobe on behalf of him/herself.
Contact Adobe Support and be certain to inform the support agent that you are a student or employee at Austin Community College, and you are provided Adobe Creative Cloud by your institution. You can call them at 800-833-6687 (option #2), give the Adobe the email address associated with the renewal, and they will take care of it. Please ask them for a reference number in regards to this cancellation.
Adobe Support will only help you cancel your existing subscription. To subscribe under ACC's license, you will need to follow the directions above in the "How do I get this software?" section.
Please note that you will not be able to get any type of pro-rated refund.
Adobe Stock FAQs
- What is Adobe Stock?
“Adobe Stock is a service that provides designers and businesses with access to millions of high-quality curated and royalty-free photos, videos, illustrations, vector graphics, 3D assets, and templates for all their creative projects.” -- FAQ | Adobe Stock Basics
In other words, Adobe Stock allows faculty, staff, and students to access and use stock images, video, templates, and other digital assets.
- Do I have access to Adobe Stock?
As part of your license to Adobe Creative Suite through ACC, you have access to download and use Adobe Stock assets in your course materials, projects, and assignments, as well as other marketing, recruitment, etc. projects as part of the College.
- How do I view the Adobe Stock library?
From any web browser, visit https://stock.adobe.com to browse, search, and filter stock assets based on your interests & needs.
- How do I download assets from Adobe Stock?
If an asset requires credits to redeem, you can reach out to your department (administrative departments) or divisional (academic divisions) contact. These individuals have the appropriate access and instructions for redeeming credits.
If an asset does not require credits to redeem, simply log into the Adobe Stock website using your ACC email address (which may then redirect you to log-in using your eID/password), and download the asset.
- Is there another way to reuse / see assets that have already been redeemed by the College?
- Yes! To view the Adobe Stock assets that have already been redeemed by the College, you can view this Google Drive folder that has been made available. The items in this drive have already been redeemed and can be used by anyone at ACC without using additional credits. It is important, however, to ensure you are adhering to the licensing requirements based on the asset you would like to use. Information about licensing for these items is also available in the folder.
- What are the licensing requirements for Adobe Stock assets?
There are 2 different licensing options when using assets from Adobe Stock, standard and extended. The licensing option that you need will depend on what you plan to do with the asset. More information on the 2 licensing options is available in this image. Official documentation about Adobe Stock licensing can be found on Adobe’s website.
- Are there any special requirements for using 3D models, lights, and materials from Adobe Stock?
- 3D model, light, and material assets in Adobe Stock are optimized for use in Adobe Dimension in the MDL file format. However, there are certain factors to consider when using these assets in both Dimension and other third-party 3D apps. For more information about these file types, visit FAQ | Adobe Stock Basics.
Help and Support
- Adobe Creative Cloud “Activation Limit Reached” or “Sign-in Failed” error?
If you have tried to use the app on more than two computers, you will encounter this error. To activate an app on a third computer, you must first sign out from the app on one of the two other computers and deactivate any Creative Cloud apps and/or services that are associated with your Adobe ID.
For more information on how to sign out, see Creative Cloud “Activation Limit reached” or “Sign-in failed” error.
- Do students and employees have to uninstall the software after they graduate and leave the college?
For employees, the license is tied to the college. You may start a new subscription directly with Adobe if you want to continue to use the software after leaving the college.
For students, the license is semester-based. Once the semester is over, students must start a new subscription directly with Adobe to continue using the software.
- There are no limits as to the number of logins or installs for Adobe mobile apps.
Adobe mobile apps are available separately from desktop apps. Mobile app system requirements may be found on the respective product pages.
See Mobile Apps and visit the product page for your favorite Adobe mobile app.
- Who should I contact if I am having issues with the Adobe installation/subscription on personally-owned devices (non-ACC)?
- How do I migrate Creative Cloud content which I’ve already created from a different account?
If you have assets linked to an existing Adobe ID account, you can migrate these assets from your current account to your new enterprise account. Please view the Manual Asset Trasnfer instructions here.
Are training resources available?
Yes, you can find them listed below:
- Adobe Creative Cloud YouTube Channel
- Adobe Creative Cloud Blog
- Adobe Creative Cloud Tutorials
- Lynda.com now Linked In Learning Adobe Training and Tutorials
- Adobe Creative Cloud Tutorials for Students